Monday, March 1, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Riplet

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mommy always says to us, "If people only knew what happens at our house each day!" Well, we were talking last night in our cribs (its the only private time we get around here) and we decided, why can't everyone know what happens at our house each day? We think its usually a good time and we definitely know how to "make some fun" if it seems boring around here. We threw sippy cups to see who would get to write this post. I threw it the farthest out of my crib, so I get to post!

Our day begins each morning between 5 and 6am. I am usually the early bird and I try to get up about 5:15am. Sometimes, if Jack & Addison have been up all night, I decide to sleep in until 5:45 but that's only under extreme circumstances. Speaking of getting up, this week we will be working on getting up 10 minutes earlier each day so that by Daylight Savings Time this weekend, we will be back to our normal 5:00am wake up time. We overheard mommy & daddy talking about how we'll start getting up at 6:00am once they move the clocks ahead and we wouldn't want to mess with our great schedule.

Anyways- our day begins with a sippy of milk and some Veggie Tales. We love our "VT" time which is what mommy & daddy started calling it. I think they think we don't know that "VT" stands for Veggie Tales. We know exactly what they are talking about when they say that in "code". Around 6:30 am we get breakfast. This is the best meal of the day because we get waffles or pancakes and yogurt melts or regular yogurt. Sometimes mommy gives us a banana, too if we seem really hungry. My favorite food by far is Gerber Yogurt Melts and I'll come running from anywhere in the house if I hear the bag shake or open.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After breakfast we play in our toy room or in the kitchen with mommy. Our favorite toys right now are anything we can find in the cabinets. Mommy's cabinets are all broken (Jack says they are locked, not broken) and we can never get in them. Auntie Dawn's house work great though and we love to go and open all of her cabinets up and look inside. Mommy usually lets us into one of them each morning though and we fight over who gets to stand in the cupboard and throw everything out and who has to wait and dodge the items as they hit the floor. My favorite thing to do is to sit on the floor and wait for all of the plastic bowls to come tumbling out when Addison or Jack tosses them. I will throw them around and watch them spin and spin until they stop. Jack also likes to pretend he's making dinner and uses mommy's big spoons and stirs things (like my truck a ball) in some of the bowls.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We are still napping two times a day and boy is that our favorite time of the day (usually)! We nap around 9am and mommy says "boy, I can tell its almost nap time" almost every day. I wonder how she knows? We just started getting books to read in our cribs during nap time, which makes things so much fun. Sometimes we sit quietly and read them, but most of the time we throw them out at each other or bang them along the crib rails. Mommy says we sound like we are prisoners in jail.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When naps are over we usually get a snack (hopefully its applesauce because that is my FAVORITE) and a sippy cup of juice & water. We just started to get the hang of straws so when mommy or daddy lets us use those cups we get excited. Some other toys we play with during the day include our tunnel, tent, slide, ball pit and our house. Our play house used to be smaller but we added on after Christmas when Linda & Chris gave us a new kitchen for it. We love to all sit in our house and ring the doorbell and open and close the windows. I learned a fun trick from Isaiah (my cousin) and when someone tries to open our front door of our play house I shut it in their face and laugh. Jack and Addison don't find it very funny.

If things are getting boring, we usually start climbing on the furniture. Jack is the "goody-two-shoes" who usually doesn't climb. He always reads books while Addison and I climb and jump and "act like monkeys" (that's what mom calls it). I recently figured out that once I'm on the couch I can climb onto the end table and throw things off. Mommy & Daddy do not like me doing it, so I try to do it as soon as they turn their backs on me. They always catch me though and usually try to pull me off. I think its really a fun game to play with them. I'm so glad they play along! The other day though, I fell off the end table and got stuck hanging by my feet between the table and the ottoman. I screamed for mom and Jack tried to get her attention. She was down by the front door and didn't see it happen. Boy was she surprised when she saw me (or my feet)!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment